Our variety of “Blue Ribbon” pet sitting services fit your pets’ every need.
Doggie Latchkey’s “Blue Ribbon Pet Sitting” services are available 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Our standard pet sitting hours are 6 AM to 11 PM, however if you require services outside of these hours, we will make every attempt to accommodate your needs.
Availability varies based on time of year and current client requests. We highly suggest at least 72 hours advanced notice when possible. Emergency pet sitting appointments are available.
1. Schedule your first pet sitting appointment
As a new customer, please use the New Client Scheduling Form to schedule your first pet sitting appointment. This form will also be used set up your initial “Meet and Greet.”
Also, please download the Pet Sitting Agreement and have it filled out for our initial “Meet and Greet.” If you do not have a printer, we can bring a form to you.
If you are an existing customer, please use the Existing Client Scheduling Form to schedule any additional visits. If anything has changed since your last visit (such as additional pets, different needs, or other concerns) you can inform us on this form. Upon service confirmation, any changes will be acknowledged and discussed further.
2. Preparing for the Pet Sitter
Preparing your pet
- Make Doggie Latchkey reservations early, especially during holidays
- Leave pet food, treats, leash and supplies in one place
- Medications should be clearly marked
- Make sure that your pet has a collar with current identification tags
- You may want to leave an item of your clothing as a “security blanket” for
- Write a list of possible favorite hiding places (if applicable)
- Notify Doggie Latchkey of any off-limit areas of your home, both for your pets and your pet sitter
- Adjust your thermostat for your pet’s comfort before leaving
- Please leave an outside light on (or on timers) if your pet sitter is to arrive after dark
- Notify your alarm company of Doggie Latchkey visits
- Notify your vet that your animals will be in Doggie Latchkey’s care
Preparing your home
- Place cleaning supplies, vacuum cleaner, towels, etc. where they will be
- List any “off limit” areas of your home for pets or sitter
- Consider leaving a television or radio on for your pet
- Make sure your garage door is locked or secured
- Inform your neighbors of your absence and use of a pet sitter
- Prepare the lock-box (if you choose not to participate in the Ready-Key Service)